Special offers on UnRAID Plus?

jens

Hi.

Are there any (regular) special offers on Plus licenses, except for the 2 licenses pack?

Considering that WHS2011 sells for less than $60 and FlexRAID is free, I'm a bit hesitant to pay $69/$119 for UnRAID (which is mstly leveraging free software).

No, rarely are there special deals on the licenses.

It is your decision whether unRaid is worth the investment for you. Being able to protect a large number of disks with a single parity disk, being able to support drives of different sizes, and being able to easily grow the array over time is a unique offering as far as I know. That along with lifetime free updates makes it a bargain IMO. But the free version is, um, free, so you can try it out to see if it is worthwhile to you. With 3 3T drives you can setup a 6T array.  Nothing to sneeze at.

I would at least try the basic. Throw in 3 drives and then on purpose unplug one of your drives and watch in amazement how you can still read/write to your drives as if nothing is wrong.

Been there done that and I'm forever sold on it.

Just make sure you not only compare prices, but as well compare features. Not all systems are equal and should not be comared on an equal playing field. I'm not dogging FlexRAID since I don't use it, but I did look at it and didn't go with it.

There is a $10 off code floating around the interwebs if you look hard enough... I used it about 2 months ago, not sure if its still valid.  Bottom line though, The VALUE far outweighs the price in this case. Even @ full price, its worth it just for the help the community provides.

• 2 weeks later...