Cannot get past loading bzroot...OK

Go to solution Solved by chuckthetekkie,

Unraid gets stuck booting on "loading bzroot... OK" except in SAFE MODE. Not sure why. 

Attached are the diagnostics.

I was using the ASUS WRX80 SAGE WIFI board until I had to send it in for warranty replacement. Then I switched everything over to a spare Gigabyte sTRX40 board I had. Now that the replacement ASUS board came in I switched everything back and am now stuck at this. 

chazflix-diagnostics-20230207-1804.zip

I re-setup some my hardware with the Gigabyte board I used while the ASUS board was being replaced and Unraid booted up no issues. So I then removed the three ZFS plugins and NVIDIA plugin and will test a bit later with the ASUS board.

Would not having the NVIDIA GPU plugged in the ASUS board cause the holdup?  The ASUS board has a built-in VGA GPU and I was having a hell of a time getting the ASUS board to not give me BIOS code C7. 

New development. It appears as if there is a weird bug in the boot process of Unraid where it will not display anything past "Loading /bzroot... OK" but actually does fully load and can be accessed via a web browser. Very weird indeed as it displayed all the usual booting text in the old ASUS Pro WS WRX80E SAGE SE WIFI that I sent back to ASUS for warranty replacement as well as the Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI I used while waiting for the replacement ASUS board. Very weird indeed.

Any idea on why this would happen?

Things just keep getting weirder. I used one of the onboard USB3 ports and my shares show up on the network but I can't access the GUI via a web browser. 

If I try to use the IP address assigned to the Unraid server, the browser puts "www." in front of the address.  Tried Safari and FireFox.

Main screen still doesn't go past "loading /bzroot... OK". 

Edited by chuckthetekkie

I can't access the GUI. Even loading GUI mode and Safe-Mode GUI doesn't bring up the GUI on the local machine. 

The screen just sits there at "loading /bzroot-gui... OK"

I could access the GUI via web browser earlier today like I posted above.  What changed?

The Unraid shares still show up so I know the OS fully loaded.

Edited by chuckthetekkie

I am also having it where the stops at "Loading /bzimage..." or "Loading /bzroot..." with no "OK" after either one. 

Is it possible a BIOS setting is causing all these issues?  Even clearing CMOS doesn't fix the screen stopping at "Loading /bzroot... OK". 

EDIT: I didn't change anything and I got the Web UI to load. 

Edited by chuckthetekkie