Torrent Dockers Initiating Shutdown

Unraid server running on 6.11.5v and has been crashing the moment I start a torrent.  I have tried qbittorrent and deluge, gone through several reconfigurations.  I can open the app and do whatever within the server.  They can even run with no issue.  Yet the moment I link a torrent file the whole Unraid server crashes.  I tried using a libtorrent 1.2v as well.  I am really at a loss, this server worked for 8 months with no issues until now.  I have spent at least 10 hours and have gotten nothing but frustration trying to fix this.  Any help is appreciated.  

blackbeard-diagnostics-20230131-1342.zip

I would be looking at where these torrents are storing their files-- both temporary and permanent.  The paths should begin with    /mnt     as that is where Unraid puts physical devices in its file structure.  (Unraid stores its OS files on a sort of RAM disk.  If your torrent is mapping any of its files on that device, it can quickly run out of space and crash.) 

It is also possible to create a RAM disk in   /mnt  so have a look with the GUI  terminal by using the following command:

ls -al /mnt

Your output should look something like this:

image.png.dfe90dde577c06df5a56eca4d96d007a.png

If you have cache pools or the Unassigned Devices plugin installed, there will be entries for those devices.  If you have an questions about what you see, just post up a screen capture of what the command gives you. 

/mnt/user/appdata is the normal place where Dockers will store their configuration and a few other files as it is on a physical device.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:45 AM, Frank1940 said:

If you have cache pools or the Unassigned Devices plugin installed, there will be entries for those devices.  If you have an questions about what you see, just post up a screen capture of what the command gives you. 

/mnt/user/appdata is the normal place where Dockers will store their configuration and a few other files as it is on a physical device.

The downloading programs themselves are in my appdata folder.  Torrents go a data folder.  Both folders have /mnt at the start of the name.  Both folders are set to yes for cache.  Here is a screenshot of the results I got from following your example.

MNT.png

I have isolated my problem that when I initiate a torrent the qBittorrent and Deluge a termination is initiated next.  Occassionally I get a message on UPnP/NAT-PMP port mapping failure (could not map port using UPnP: no router found) but that is not always the case.  Once I see the termination in qBittorrent logs it exits.  Move over to my server log and right after I see  the shutdown (24709) command start bringing my system to a halt.  

I created a post about this a week ago.  I did not have these specifics as now and also got no help.  I am beyond frustrated that this server work wonders for seven months and now this.  I appreciate anyones help.

syslog-192.168.0.68.log qbittorrent.log

On 2/10/2023 at 10:47 AM, itimpi said:

All we can see from the information you provided is that an Unraid shutdown was actively initiated - not what issued the shutdown command.

you may get better feedback if you post your full system’s diagnostics zip file.   You should also enable the syslog server so you can get logs that survive a reboot.

Here are my previous logs when it was crashing.  I appreciate the insight of what I should add.

blackbeard-diagnostics-20230131-1342.zip

On 2/9/2023 at 8:47 PM, itimpi said:

Unraid shutdown was actively initiated - not what issued the shutdown command.

I don't think any docker can execute a command on the host. That's the whole point of isolation.

NerdPack.plg - 2021.08.11  (Up to date)  (Incompatible)

Uninstall and install NerdTools if you really need it (probably not)

On 2/9/2023 at 7:44 PM, Murder Inc 1776 said:

created a post about this a week ago

I have merged that thread so we can keep it all together.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:03 AM, trurl said:

I don't think any docker can execute a command on the host. That's the whole point of isolation.

NerdPack.plg - 2021.08.11  (Up to date)  (Incompatible)

Uninstall and install NerdTools if you really need it (probably not)

I have merged that thread so we can keep it all together.

Thank you for merging them.  

At this point I have pretty much removed everything and only have Plex and qBittorrent.  Still running into the issue.  

I really am not sure how to proceed with this.

blackbeard-diagnostics-20230219-1618.zip syslog-192.168.0.68.log

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 1:12 AM, trurl said:

Does it still happen if you don't run any dockers?

If I do not run any dockers it does not happen.  I can run every docker as well without it occurring.  qBittorrent can also run without it crashing as long as I do not initiate a torrent.  I can have it open for days without issue.  The moment I start a torrent it will all crash.  I also changed the cache as you mentioned.

I also was not sure if it was an ISP issue but two other computers in the house  with Windows 10 & 11 have no issue.