GUI - error 500, SSH extremely slow. Dockers working

Just started getting this issue. I found a post with a very similar looking problem from mid-2022, but posting this as a separate thread for easier followup.

All dockers work and are easily accessible via their interfaces.

SSH to the server takes forever to prompt for password, after entering password - at least a few minutes to show terminal. GUI has now been loading for at least 5-10 minutes and hasn't yet come up. I managed to get to the terminal eventually. `top` doesn't show any excessive shortage of resources (attaching screenshot). Ping to server <1ms and no packet loss.

Recently, perhaps 2-3 times the server required button-reset as it wasn't accessible. It's a microserver gen10plus and stupidly display port doesn't work unless you connect something to it from boot. Considering getting the iLO enablement module.

Trying to run 'diagnostics' in terminal, but so far it's taking forever and I'm not yet sure how to retrieve that file as getting to the server via samba doesn't seem to be an option too. 

Ideas ?

P.S Unraid 6.11.5

EDIT: webui finally loaded with error 500 (500 Internal Server Error). Waiting for diagnostics to generate.

image.thumb.png.c12aa03fca9d30020a3443b7bdb5091a.png

Edited by RandomFactoid
  • 11 months later...

Hi - sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I think this is exactly what I woke up to this morning... Dockers were working - very slowly, and the main gui was either unresponsive or giving error 500. I tried to SSH into server, and it took about 4 minutes to get the prompt for login. At that point I just did a hard reboot of the server. I did have syslog already enabled and attached from a time I know things were working the day before... Please let me know if I should open a new thread or provide additional info. Thank you!

Small edit: someone was watching something on my server and said it died just around midnight for them and didn't come back.

Jan 18 024450 neuralnet kernel Code.txt

Edited by fast-food-economy3731