Unraid won't work

ljthey

Hi, I just installed unraid manually. I plugged into my pc trying to do a memory test but it won't work, so I booted up without doing memory test. When I am in the UI, I tried to run tests for disks, but it won't work. Then I crerated the array and tried to add a share, which won't work. I have no idea what to do now, could someone please help. Thanks!

Hardware spec:

Ryzen 9 3900x

64GB Trident Z 3600 Ram

512GB + 1TB Samsung drive

3 minutes ago, ljthey said:

I plugged into my pc trying to do a memory test but it won't work,

If you boot in UEFI mode then the version of memtest included with Unraid is incompatible.  In such a case you should download a more recent version from memtest86.com that is compatible with UEFI boot mode.

You are likely to get more informed feedback if you include your system's diagnostics zip file attached to your next post in this thread. 

Not really a good idea to use NVMe devices for the parity array, best to assign the to a pool, if you don't have disks you can use a spare flash drive as the single array device.

1 hour ago, ljthey said:

each time I restarted, my computer won't recognise the boot drive anymore.

Does it start booting and stops or not even that?

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Not really a good idea to use NVMe devices for the parity array, best to assign the to a pool, if you don't have disks you can use a spare flash drive as the single array device.

Does it start booting and stops or not even that?

I will try using a spare flash drive. Once restarted, my computer won't even recognise it as a boot drive. I have to reinstall the OS complmetely or run the make bootable script again.