Is It Possible To Duplicate Plugins?

Megaman69

Figured I would ask here first to see if this is even possible or not before asking about the specific plugin. Considering I know absolutely zero about unRAID's plugin system, I thought maybe I could just duplicate and rename the files on the USB to get a 2nd Plex Streams Plugin. I have two Plex instances, so it would be cool to have a spot on the dashboard for each. Then I can save a few clicks to see if anyone is watching before I start messing with the server. If not I can figure out another way. Use one of the homepage apps and have a widget for each or something.

Thanks

9 hours ago, itimpi said:

If you run Plex via a docker container rather  a plugin then you  CAN duplicate containers (although each instance needs its own settings).

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about Plex Server, I'm talking about the Plex Streams Plugin that displays active streams on the unraid dashboard. It can only be pointed at 1 plex server, so it only shows those streams. As far as I'm aware.

2 hours ago, Megaman69 said:

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about Plex Server, I'm talking about the Plex Streams Plugin that displays active streams on the unraid dashboard. It can only be pointed at 1 plex server, so it only shows those streams. As far as I'm aware.

I guessed that - but you cannot duplicate a plugin but as I said you can duplicate a container.

2 hours ago, Megaman69 said:

So how is that done? I've never even heard of that before. I thought Plugins were unraid specific.

Plugins ARE Unraid specific, but docker containers are not.

You can duplicate a docker container by simply giving the second copy another name (although you may need to check settings do not collide between the instances).  Many docker containers DO have an Unraid specific template, but that is just to simplify installation.

37 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Plugins ARE Unraid specific, but docker containers are not.

You can duplicate a docker container by simply giving the second copy another name (although you may need to check settings do not collide between the instances).  Many docker containers DO have an Unraid specific template, but that is just to simplify installation.

OK, maybe I'm dumb, So how do I install the Plex Streams Plugin as a docker container? That's, apparently, what you are recommending I do. I already have 2 Plex Server Dockers. I have 1 Plex Streams Plugin pointed at 1 of those Plex Servers. I would like another Plugin to display the active streams on the dashboard. So from my understanding, you are saying to install the Plugin as a Docker Container.

On 2/23/2023 at 7:08 PM, Megaman69 said:

OK, maybe I'm dumb, So how do I install the Plex Streams Plugin as a docker container? That's, apparently, what you are recommending I do. I already have 2 Plex Server Dockers. I have 1 Plex Streams Plugin pointed at 1 of those Plex Servers. I would like another Plugin to display the active streams on the dashboard. So from my understanding, you are saying to install the Plugin as a Docker Container.

Plex streams is only meant for a single install and to display the streams from all servers.  You can select multiple servers in the settings of the plugin.

If there is something more than this you want, I would suggest posting in the plugins support thread and ask.  I am more than willing to add features, if they make sense.

• Thanks 1
On 2/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, dorgan said:

Plex streams is only meant for a single install and to display the streams from all servers.  You can select multiple servers in the settings of the plugin.

If there is something more than this you want, I would suggest posting in the plugins support thread and ask.  I am more than willing to add features, if they make sense.

I got it to work. The 2 Servers are "Owned" by 2 separate Plex accounts that didn't share with each other, because they're basically twin instances. Once I shared the 2nd server to the 1st account and refreshed the token it works. Id still prefer 2 separate Plugin instances so I know which server is currently streaming, but that's more of personal preference.

• Thanks 1
On 2/23/2023 at 4:45 PM, BRiT said:

Just select multiple Servers in this plugin screen. For help ask in the support thread.

The 2nd server didn't show up in the settings because it is not owned by the same account. Adding the IP or the domain to "Custom Servers" also didnt work, until I shared the 2nd server with 1st account and refreshed the token.