unRAID server dropping internet after a few hours

Go to solution Solved by JimmyGerms,

So I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is causing my server to drop internet randomly. It will work on a fresh reboot for a while before locking out again. I run a raspberry pi with pi-hole on my network but the unraid server itself does not use that (DNS set to 1.1.1.1 within network). I restarted my whole house network a few time and one of the resets brought networking back once but then dropped it after a few hours.

I also went nuclear and rebuilt the flash drive from scratch which the latest version of my server is running and the issue still came back.

At this point I'm not sure what it is. Could the onboard NICs be dying (but all local network traffic is fine...)?

Happy to answer any questions about the server and setup. Thanks for reading!

EDIT: I was messing around with wireguard recently following a tutorial on the forums and just recently enabled this for access to dockers "Host access to custom networks". I disabled this just now and internet seemed to return? Does starting and stopping docker restart ethernet drivers as well?

blackcloud-diagnostics-20230224-0946.zip

Edited by JimmyGerms

Hi There!

I'm also having the same issue. After a few days my server disappears from the network and I have to hardreset. 

"Host access to custom networks" is disabled for me, and still happening. I've looked the logs but based on netdata graphs(it's clearly shows when the issue occurs), there isn't any log for that given time.

I might open a dedicated discussion for this.

Edited by Salla