How do I install a app into the console? (I want a working file manager that runs with tMux)

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

So I have been using MC with tMux for years, but now the update has broken this. When trying to run MC in tMux you get this error...

Unknown terminal: tmux-256color Check the TERM environment variable. Also make sure that the terminal is defined in the terminfo database. Alternatively, set the TERMCAP environment variable to the desired termcap entry.

There are a number of other "pure" cli file managers I can try... but I do not know how to install a small app into the system...

Here is a list of cool file managers I can try that will not throw that error as they do not use anything more than the standard console

https://www.tecmint.com/linux-terminal-file-managers/

How would I install one of these?

Cool.. thanks.. there is a lot of people in the NerdTools threads asking about this.. would you mind if I cross posted this over there?

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Which update? Are you still using (deprecated) NerdPack plugin?

No... I have uninstalled that I am using the default thing-o that came in the OS upgrade that I believe replaces NerdTools

Have you tried installing and using the Dynamix File Manager plugin?   Might be the easier thing to do if it satisfies your needs and it is aware of how Unraid User Shares operate and can protect against certain operations users sometimes do that lead to either unexpected behaviour or even data loss.