Moving data to new Unraid server

I currently have a Proxmox server with three 8 TB drives in an ZFS Raidz1 container with about 10 TB of data on it.  I am building a new server and I want to use Unraid as the OS.  I would like to use the drives in my old server in the new Unraid but I need to figure out how to keep the data.  In addition I have these empty drives available to use in the new Unraid server:

• 4 - 4 TB HHDs
  • 2 -  1 TB SSDs
  • 4 - 512 GB SSDs

From what I have read I think this is the best plan but wanted to get feedback.  Fyi I am new to Unraid but have a moderate background in linux, proxmox, and docker.  

Plan to setup Unraid with the following

• Parity - 4 TB HHD
  • Disk 1 - 4 TB HHD
  • Disk 2 - 4 TB HHD
  • Disk 3 - 4 TB HHD
  • Cache 1 - 512 SSD
  • Cache 2 - 512 SSD
  • Cache 3 - 512 SSD
  • Cache 4 - 512 SSD

According the this disk calculator , https://unraid.category5.tv/, that should give me about 10.88 TB.  I could then copy all files off my old server over to the new Unraid server.  At that point I would shut the old server down and move the 3 - 8 TB drives over to the new server.  If I understand correctly I can replace the 4 TB parity drive with one of the 8 TB drives (this is what I'm uncertain about).  I can then add the other two 8 TB drives into the array as additional disks.  End result looking like this:

• Parity - 8 TB HHD
  • Disk 1 - 4 TB HHD
  • Disk 2 - 4 TB HHD
  • Disk 3 - 4 TB HHD
  • Disk 4 - 4 TB HHD
  • Disk 5 - 8 TB HHD
  • Disk 6 - 8 TB HHD
  • Cache 1 - 512 SSD
  • Cache 2 - 512 SSD
  • Cache 3 - 512 SSD
  • Cache 4 - 512 SSD

Questions:

1. Is what I'm thinking possible?
  2. Is it the best/easiest/safest method to get to the end goal?
  3. Does having four 512 GB cache drives even make sense?
  4. I also have two 1 TB SSDs that I can use somewhere.  Was thinking of creating a second array, mirroring these drives, for fast storage to host SQL DBs.  Can Unraid do this?

Edited by pharpe
On 3/3/2023 at 7:10 PM, pharpe said:

If I understand correctly I can replace the 4 TB parity drive with one of the 8 TB drives (this is what I'm uncertain about).  I can then add the other two 8 TB drives into the array as additional disks.  End result looking like this:

Correct.