Cannot see or create domains, iso and system shares

Cannot see the shares domains, iso and system listed under my user shares.  

From my reading, these were automatically created shares  (are these the only automatically created shares?).

When I try to create them in user shares, nothing happens.  

I tried mkdir /mnt/user/domains and cmd returned No medium found

If I make a test share with mkdir/mnt/user/domains, the test share is created as expected.  

What is the best way to restore or create the shares above?

Thanks

You could try creating them directly on a physical drive rather than via the user share system to see if that works?  I was thinking of something like

mkdir /mnt/cache/domain

assuming you have a pool called cache.  Note that creating them this way would give them default values and for these shares you normally want Use Cache-Prefer for the domains and system shares to keep them on a pool for performance reasons/

Interesting. 

When I made a share called /mnt/cache/domains, The directory showed up on my cache disk but not under user shares on the management page.  I then tried 

mkdir /mnt/user/domains and the directory was created in user shares.  I then made it a cache only disk. 

When I made a directory /mnt/cache/isos, The directory shows up both on the cache disk and as a user share on the management page.   There was something odd with "domains"

I guess I am trying to recreate what I probably deleted in the past as docker and vm templates often install to these directories.   Are there other specifically named directories that are usually created automatically besides domains, isos, and system?

I appreciate all the help.

1 minute ago, jgs2n said:

Interesting. 

When I made a share called /mnt/cache/domains, The directory showed up on my cache disk but not under user shares on the management page.  I then tried 

mkdir /mnt/user/domains and the directory was created in user shares.  I then made it a cache only disk. 

When I made a directory /mnt/cache/isos, The directory shows up both on the cache disk and as a user share on the management page.   There was something odd with "domains"

I guess I am trying to recreate what I probably deleted in the past as docker and vm templates often install to these directories.   Are there other specifically named directories that are usually created automatically besides domains, isos, and system?

I appreciate all the help.

The other one that I do not think is created automatically but is nearly always present is ‘appdata’ for the location where docker containers store their working set files.   Although not crested automatically this will be the default set in many docker container templates.   Most people also want this to be use Cache=Prefer but this is up to you.

For completeness of this thread I found this also.

On the flash drive edit the file /config/share.cfg (notepad will work fine to do this)

shareCacheEnabled="yes"

Save and reboot.

I had this set to no.  There probably is a setting in the gui somewhere for this also.