Removing cache drive and replacing it with a data drive

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I want to remove my cache drive completely and replace it with another data drive. I am nearly out of space in my array and I've never really used my cache drive, outside of storing system files. I've searched this forum and I just want to confirm the exact steps to take.

Unraid version is 6.11.5, and I have system files allocated to the cache disk as such:Capture.PNG.72d38016040f63e474f6320acb524d16.PNG

I've come across this post but I am not sure if this encompasses all the steps I need to take before removing the cache drive: 

Your help is appreciated!

Edited by billhickok

So reading further, I set every share to "Yes" to use the cache pool, then I initiated the Mover. I made sure to turn off all dockers and VM's. It ran for around 30 minutes. After it was finished moving, nothing seemed to happen to the data on the cache drive? The data is still present. I then set every share to "No" and still nothing. This is how it looks after modifying the shares and initiating the mover:

1.PNG.d2ec3b14c05aaacf1d64766df725882a.PNG

From what I read, isn't this supposed to move all the data from the cache drive to the array? What's going on here?

Edited by billhickok
12 hours ago, itimpi said:

Did you disable of the services - not just running instances while running mover?   Keeping the services running will keep files open so that they then get ignored by mover.

Thank you. I went into the settings and disabled both, ran the mover again, and that seemed to clean out most of the cache drive. I still have ~1 GB of the cache disk used however. When I check the location of each share, /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-krusader is the only folder still both on the array and cache drive, even though I stopped krusader and disabled docker prior. All of the other shares are solely on the array.

I assume I should be good to swap out the cache drive now and worst case, I can just rebuild/reinstall krusader, in case the appdata didn't properly make it's way over?