We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Unriad booted the drive from the array.

I know this community gets a lot of these post, and im sorry just trying to get some opinions. Started a parity check today and shortly after starting, i started getting errors on my parity disk.

looks like unraid booted it from the array. Description: Array has 1 disk with read errors Importance: warning Parity disk (sdh) (errors 2048) Logs at the bottom of the post. The attached image is the smart errors. Weird thing was that unraid wouldn't let me run a smart test on disk untill reboot.

I have seen countless threads saying that crc issues are cable relate and or cross talk between sata wires. Data going in but not coming out. I added a drive about a month ago but no issues with errors since adding the drive and adding data to said drive with parity being used. I checked cables to drive, both at the drive and motherboard board looked good. swapped cable anyways. No other drives show any other issues

1: does anyone think its the drive.

2 if drive is ok how do i get back the drive into the array after being disabled by unraid?

drive fail.png

Screenshot_3.png

Errors like that are usually caused by poor connections (sata or power).  Reseat them.  To rebuild onto itself, stop the array.  Unassign the drive.  Start the array, stop the array.   Reassign the drive.  Start the array and it'll rebuild onto itself.

• Thanks 1