Unclean Shutdown detected....(stupid loadshedding!)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

With the constant loadshedding in my country...no power for atleast 2 hours every 6 hours....my unRAID server is starting to have issues, and I can't pinpoint why.

Almost every automatic NUT shutdown is now seen as an unclean shutdown, where it never was an issue before. And this causes a parity check to start, that can't finish because the next power outage is max 6 hours away....

I've attached the last for diagnostic logs, with SYSLOG set to mirror to the flash drive.

I went through them, but not really know what to look for.

Thanks for the assistance.

tower-diagnostics-20230308-0610.zip tower-diagnostics-20230309-0406.zip tower-diagnostics-20230308-2212.zip tower-diagnostics-20230308-1412.zip

Edited by TheMannequin
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I don't know, are those diags from the /logs folder?

Yes they are from the flash /logs folder (after I did the Mirror syslog to flash under settings)

Those are the last 4 logs that was auto shutdown with NUT as UPS got low.
The last manual shutdown I did, everything was good and NO unclean shutdown detected.

21 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Currently set shutdown timeout is not enough, it's only 60 secs, new default is 90s, but sometimes more are needed, try 120s (Settings -> Disk settings)

Thanks, will change and see how it goes. Will feedback on results.

20 hours ago, trurl said:

Are you trying to run on battery? Purpose of UPS is to allow clean shutdown after power loss, not to allow running on battery until battery runs down.

No, using purely for clean shutdowns....but with our "incredibly reliable" power, I don't set it to shutdown immediately when power is lost...only after a few minutes.

• Solution
Mar 13 10:04:37 Tower  init: Switching to runlevel: 0
Mar 13 10:04:37 Tower  init: Trying to re-exec init
Mar 13 10:04:49 Tower Parity Check Tuning: Send notification: Array stopping: Restart will be attempted on next array start: Automatic Correcting Parity-Check (79.3% completed)  (79.3% completed)
Mar 13 10:06:39 Tower root: Status of all loop devices

Still not enough, did you stop the parity check? You can also time how long it takes for the array to stop after you click the stop button.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 1:22 PM, JorgeB said:
Mar 13 10:04:37 Tower  init: Switching to runlevel: 0
Mar 13 10:04:37 Tower  init: Trying to re-exec init
Mar 13 10:04:49 Tower Parity Check Tuning: Send notification: Array stopping: Restart will be attempted on next array start: Automatic Correcting Parity-Check (79.3% completed)  (79.3% completed)
Mar 13 10:06:39 Tower root: Status of all loop devices

Still not enough, did you stop the parity check? You can also time how long it takes for the array to stop after you click the stop button.

Had to set timeouts to almost 3 min! but it's doing clean shutdowns now .

• Like 1