Deleted files on ssd cache removed all Shares, also

Go to solution Solved by justcurious1,

New to Unraid. Files would not move from cache to share. A help note indicated that if there are same files on cache and share Mover would not work so I deleted everything from cache using Dynamix File Manager and all shares were deleted. The cache still shows that there is data on the cache. This is still in experimental mode as I'm trying to see if I can use UNRaid as a remote video storage editor (not working well at all). 

It seems all I'm left to do is hit New Config. Thanks.

In normal operation a file only exists at one place, and since any pool is also part of any share deleting them from there will delete them from the share view as well.

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread, and mention the paths on the cache of some files that you think should move and are not being moved.

Just now, justcurious1 said:

So that's pretty dangerous. I was looking at only the files on the cache, or so I thought. That's it then, all files are gone. 

Yes.   You were looking at the cache but am guessing that the files had not yet been moved to the array so you were deleting the only copy.