UnRaid crashing after upgrade to ASUS PRIME X670-P with AMD RYZEN 9 7900X

Go to solution Solved by lennygman,

Hi. hopefully someone can help me out with what i can do to recover.

I had an Unraid running  6.10.3 and wanted a faster CPU. I initially updated the software to latest 6.11.5. Then I swapped my mobo and cpu to the new hardware (ASUS PRIME X670-P with AMD RYZEN 9 7900X) and started the array. Everything came up fine and i used it for a day but during normal use, my shares disappeared a few times, some strange container issues. Some posts suggested an it worked to reboot to fix that. I figured I have an issue with 6.11.5 and reverted to 6.10.3. 

The situation now my array runs and then just crashes. Can not connect, console as you see in the attached pic shows kernel crash it seems. the strangest thing is when it crashes it takes out my home network until i pull out ethernet cable which restores connectivity. I dont think that is critical but wanted to mention. 

Attached are some files i can capture while array stays up. 

Also started to get USB error for USB stick with config. I think USB is fine, it was fine for a few days with this array and it starts fine but then I guess gives this error. 

USB flash drive failure: 17-03-2023 03:17

Alert [TOWER] - USB drive is not read-write
Cruzer_Fit (sda)

When its down i cant connect and nothing responds. Snapped a pic of the screen. 

I am not an expert on UnRaid or linux but it was a very stable system for a long time. Maybe an issue with the Mobo or CPU? 

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated  

20230316_220923.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20230316-2214.zip tower-syslog-20230317-0215.zip

11 hours ago, JorgeB said:

There have been multiple reports of stability issues with Ryzen 7xxx, try the just released v6.12-rc1, newer kernel might help, also make sure BIOS is updated and try disabling C-States if you still have issues.

Thank you for the feedback. I had the latest ver of BIOS running and upgraded to Unraid to 6.12 and so far the server running the longest without crash. I hope that was it.. if i make it for a few days, it would mean problem solved. 

On a side note. what is C-States as I could not find that in my BIOS settings. Power efficiency feature? 

Spoke too soon. Crashed again. Run for a 5-7 hours. It completely goes dead. Even keyboard and monitor connected directly to the server have no response or  even display.  And it somehow kills my home network. Not sure what it is doing with the ethernet but a bunch of devices on my flat home network go down every time server crashes and cant even connect on their ethernet ports (few ethernet connected PCs, Wifi Mesh router, etc) . As soon as I unplug the UnRaid ethernet port, all devices instantly reconnect. Not IP confict. Some sort of LAN broadcast storm or something. 

I figured out how to save logs to flash. Will see if I capture anything that way

Edited by lennygman