GPU not recognized on passthrough

@ghost82 Oh man, thanks so much for that super detailed response!  I'll be honest, my eyes crossed about halfway through, but I'm gonna go back and try to follow it all step by step as soon as I get a little time to focus.  I have a crazy week ahead, but as soon as I get a some free time I'll see if any of those steps you outlined make any difference.  As you noted, quite a bit of it looks like things I've already tried, but some of it was new, so maybe that will be the ticket.   I think the vBIOS might be the sticking point.  As I noted in the OP, I was unable to dump mine by any of the methods available to me, so that might be roadblocking me right there, who knows?

Thanks again for taking the time to put all that together.  I'll do my best to make good use of it, and will report back as soon as I have a chance to try it out!

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

As you noted, quite a bit of it looks like things I've already tried

In my opinion the culprit here is not using the rom file with the gpu being marked as boot vga. The shadowed rom of a boot gpu is not 1:1 of the original, that's why it's mandatory to pass a bios file. Anyway, just follow all the steps :)

• Like 1