Unraid 6.11.5 Freezing

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Starting last night I've been encountering freeze ups.  The web GUI is not responsive, shares are inaccessible, and docker container web GUI's are also inaccessible.  The console screen also does not allow me to log in and just shows the flashing cursor and acts like I'm not even typing my credentials.  After a hard boot, Unraid boots back up and runs for ~20 minutes to an hour before it freezes once again.  I let MemTest run a couple of passes last night without issue.  I have updated to my motherboard's latest BIOS.  I have switched macvlan to ipvlan in docker settings.  The last hardware change was the replacement of my appcache nvme drive a few days ago which went off without a hitch and as far as I can tell, the drive appears to be in good health, although when I try to run a short SMART test, nothing seems to happen.  Any direction or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

baldr-diagnostics-20230318-1010.zip baldr-diagnostics-20230318-1031.zip

1 hour ago, trurl said:

setup syslog server

also

I've already enabled syslog but forgot to upload a copy of the log (duh!).  I'm aware of the Disk 1 read errors that you will see in the syslog.  I'm confident this is my SAS to SATA breakout cable needing replaced as I started having issues with it after the freezes started and I've had issues with the same cable brand before.  Unplugging the drive and plugging it back in temporarily resolved the errors and a short SMART test of the disk shows no issues.  I have a new cable already ordered.

I read over the FAQ article section you linked and went ahead and disabled c-states and had to re-enable xmp for my RAM.  I'm confident this was correctly configured before I performed the BIOS update but from lack of sleep, I forgot to look over the BIOS settings to see if they were retained (duh, they weren't).  I'm not doing any overclocking and running the RAM at its stock 3200 speed.

Thanks for the assistance!

syslog

Edited by BALDR
3 hours ago, itimpi said:

Why were you doing this?  XMP is an overclock (albeit normally a relatively safe one).

It has ran the past 6 months without issue and with the XMP profile off, it was still freezing.  Uptime is now over 4hrs, I believe the issue is resolved after disabling c-states even though I'm pretty sure it was disabled prior to the BIOS update. I'll heed everyone's advice and nix the XMP profile even though I don't think it ever caused any issues in my setup but for the sake of ultimate stability, it's probably wise.

Thanks again for the assistance!