Failed main board and 2 failed disks

Long time reader first time poster, apologies if I do not list everything in the first post but I will try to capture everything.

I initially had a HP DL380 G8 server, all disks were sitting behind a disabled RAID controller, everything worked well.  I was away and something caused a failure, after some investigation it seemed I had two SAS drive failures and a mainboard failure.

I read a few articles at the time and (from memory) the best route was to move to new hardware as the replacement board was too expensive to replace.  When I moved to new hardware I had to create a new disk config as the drive serials appeared different due them previously being behind a RAID controller, I was unable to add the two failed SAS drives as they were completely dead plus the new hardware did not have a SAS controller.  I did/do have two parity drives and the data all appears to be in tact but I know I need to replace the drives as currently if any more fail then I know I am going to be screwed.

I have tried to pre-clear a new drive and add to the array but I get "Unmountable: Wrong or no file system" for the new disk.

Any advise or suggestions greatly appreciated. Diagnostic logs attached.

unraidhp-diagnostics-20230318-1601.zip

2 hours ago, TChipperfield said:

I stopped the array and unassigned the disk, started the array and disk 1 now showing "Not installed". Stopped the array, added backed into to disk 1 slot, started array and now "Data-rebuild in progress"

In your experience, would you expect this to be successful?

A rebuild will always restore exactly what was showing on the emulated drive before the rebuild was started.  

The disk rebuild completed, final message was that it completed successfully without errors but then we looking at the disk status it states "Unmountable: Wrong or no file system" but yet the disk rebuild was apparently successful. Is there anything that can be done about the wrong or no file system issue?  Thanks in advance

18 minutes ago, TChipperfield said:

I'm so confused, I thought unraid should be able to recover from disk failures, have I done something wrong stopping the recovery?

It should if you stayed on the same hardware.   You can normally even switch hardware as long as neither of them are using RAID controllers for the drives.   

Understood, thank you for explaining. I thought I had done something or misunderstood the process.  I take regular backups so thinking I may start fresh the whole build and then copy the data back on.  Is there a guide on wiping/starting again from the same USB key?  I did have a search but nothing really along those lines.

Thank you again for the info.