Repeated warning email

Rkpaxam
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

3 hours ago, Rkpaxam said:

It's connected to my router so yes it does have Internet.

By exposed I mean inbound connections from the internet being possible.    This can happen if the server is in the routers DMZ.    There has to be something trying to make connections to your server to be triggering the emails.

You should be able to get an idea from the syslog what the source address of the potential hack attempts is which might help pin down the culprit.

• Solution

You do NOT want an Unraid server to be in the DMZ as it is not hardened against attacks from the web.  Doing so almost inevitably leads to your server being hacked.

For remote access to the Unraid GUI from the web you should use either the MyServers plugin or use a VPN (Unraid has the WireGuard VPN Server built in).

If you want to run a web site then open just the ports for that through your router and make sure the web site is secured.

I have removed it from the DMZ and Changed the SSH ports to something other then 22 i also have 127 length random password so this should hopefully stop anything. 

im not interested in the Gui i want to remote access my films, music and containers although im not sure which method is best.

I do have a PIA account that is running in a docker.

if you have any advise?