H220 HBA not appearing after system board replacement

I've got a DL380 G7 w/ an H220 HBA. Has been working and stable for years until the mainboard failed. I replaced the board and now I don't see the HBA. I've disabled the onboard p410i and confirmed all cables are plugged in and the PCI-E riser is firmly seated (and there's a power light that indicates it's powered up.)

I don't see any other options related to storage in the BIOS. Unraid boots fine but it's not showing the HBA in an lspci command or any drives in any of the GUI settings.  BIOS is updated (P67)

I feel like I'm missing something really simple but just can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Edited by Fffrank

You might want to post the details (maker and model) of that new motherboard. 

Look in the manual for information on the MB slot assignments.  Be careful about using the GPU slot if you can avoid it.  (You might want to Google that HBA and see if there is a mod required for it to work in some MBs...)

It's a server so this is the same mainboard that it was replacing.  There isn't any GUI slot.  Have searched the forum (and internet) extensively and not seeing any mods or any other information coming up (except that it's a verry common HBA and works well.)

Booted up a FreeDOS USB with the sasflsh.exe utility and it found no SAS devices. This tells me I must either have received a bad mainboard or possibly the failing motherboard took out the hba in the process.

I don't have another pci device anywhere so I've ordered a new hba to try tomorrow. Should tell me what's up.