(SOLVED) Files inaccesible after reboot

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Alright, so I had a power outage last night and all of the sudden I cannot access my files. I have a UPS that is connected to the built-in APCUPSD service, so the auto shutdown was initiated (I think). It would seem that an unclean shutdown may have occurred, but I don't really know why, or how to fix the issue. I first noticed the issue when I realized that some of my Docker containers had not started despite being configured to auto-start after a reboot. I tried manually starting them, but got a server error. I tried a reboot (which I realize now that I probably shouldn't have done because it resets the logs), but that didn't fix it. Then I realized that it was a bigger issue than I thought because I could not access files through File Explorer on Windows. I can connect and log into my Unraid server in File Explorer, but I get an error whenever I try to click on a share saying that Windows cannot access that location. I can still see my files in the file explorer plugin, but I cannot access them via the terminal because trying to CD into the user folder returns the following message:

root@NAS:/mnt# cd user
bash: cd: user: Transport endpoint is not connected

I know that my files still exist, and I can access them by CDing into a disk instead of the user folder, but I need to be able to access them in Windows. I also get two errors under Docker settings, and I have to option to scrub and correct file system errors. Should I do this?

btrfs filesystem show:

Label: none  uuid: e59c9a00-54bb-41e1-b4ac-d5e409ff7bf9
	Total devices 1 FS bytes used 24.46GiB
	devid    1 size 120.00GiB used 33.00GiB path /dev/loop2

btrfs scrub status:

UUID:             e59c9a00-54bb-41e1-b4ac-d5e409ff7bf9
	no stats available
Total to scrub:   25.39GiB
Rate:             0.00B/s
Error summary:    no errors found

The docker containers that have errors all have path attributes that go through the user folder, whereas the ones that point to a specific disk start just fine. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I do have one drive that has 199 reallocated sectors, although the only share located on there is appdata for docker containers. I also see nothing under the shares tab of the WebUI. It just says that there are no exportable user/disk shares. Any ideas?

System Info

Unraid 6.10.3

Array of 5 devices (26TB)

Core i5-8400

MSI B360M mobo

nas-diagnostics-20230404-1801.zip

• Solution
Apr  4 07:32:47 NAS kernel: shfs[5708]: segfault at 14e145c0fdc0 ip 000014e167624e79 sp 000014e1667b6b10 error 4 in libfuse3.so.3.10.5[14e167623000+19000]

shfs segfaulted, you'll need to reboot, but there are more different apps doing the same, so it might be a good idea to run memtest.

• Thanks 1
  • TinsellyCone changed the title to (SOLVED) Files inaccesible after reboot