Unraid 6.11.5 - Unable to copy file to SMB share

iJacks

Hi All, Unraid newbie here - just got my server physically setup and started getting unraid up and running.  Everything has gone well until...I tried to copy files to the new shares from my old NAS.

The frustrating thing is that I have already been able to copy over 50GB of my RAW images (Canon EOS 7D in case anybody wonders), no issues, good enough speed.

Now I am trying tom copy over my music...and I'm starting to run into issues.  I've included the log entries that show up with one of the files that won't go over, no matter what I try.

I've got 3 8TB disks for my main array.  1 as parity, the other 2 formatted with XFS.  And a single 1TB SSD as a cache - this will probably be expanded in the future, but for now is just fine.

Apr  6 13:39:35 QuasarFire  smbd[14031]: [2023/04/06 13:39:35.203427,  0] ../../source3/smbd/files.c:1199(synthetic_pathref)
Apr  6 13:39:35 QuasarFire  smbd[14031]:   synthetic_pathref: opening [Music/Various Artists/Descent Community Album/D1T1 - Ganymede.mp3] failed
Apr  6 13:39:35 QuasarFire  shfs: share cache full
Apr  6 13:39:35 QuasarFire  smbd[14031]: [2023/04/06 13:39:35.313956,  0] ../../source3/modules/vfs_streams_xattr.c:944(streams_xattr_pwrite)
Apr  6 13:39:35 QuasarFire  smbd[14031]:   streams_xattr_pwrite: Write to xattr [user.DosStream.01APIC_03.jpg:$DATA] on file [Music/Various Artists/Descent Community Album/D1T1 - Ganymede.mp3] exceeds maximum supported extended attribute size. Depending on filesystem type and operating system (OS) specifics, this value may be increased using the value of the parameter: smbd max xattr size = <bytes>. Consult OS and filesystem manpages prior to increasing this limit.

What is really getting my goat is that if I try to copy other files they go over just fine, so it's clearly something to do with these files (and probably others, I've got several TB's of data to move over).

Also, I never realised that the Pool devices had a minimum file size - which I think is why it first complains about "share cache full", but the option for Minimum free space on the cache pool is disabled - how do I go about setting this value now?

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction, many thanks in advance.