replacing usb - JSON error

Hello,

So my USB died and I got  new samsung usb and used my backup to setup the new usb. The issue is when I get to the pop-up to blacklist the UUID, it gives me 

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 2 of the JSON data

on Firefox

or 

SyntaxError: Unexpected number in JSON at position 1

on Chrome and Edge

I searched through the forums for json relate issues with this plugin and tried what I found.

-> Time is synced with google's ntp

-> DNS is 8.8.8.8,

-> connected to the server via a url in "ALLOWED_ORIGINS"

-> "unraid-api start" is started

I'm use Linux, but tried on a Windows box just for funsies.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation as OP.  So now I have to wait for support to fix it which means my NAS is useless until then.  This is not acceptable.  Why is this even a thing?  Even recommended flash drives can fail within a year's time.  My USB just failed (I can't remember if it's been less than a year). 

Edited by diehardbattery
  • 2 weeks later...

My USB key was failing. I replaced it (followed official guide) and got the same "SyntaxError: Unexpected number in JSON at position 1" error when trying to replace the key. 

I have logged a support case. My NAS is unusable for an indeterminate amount of time. Poor process that needs improving.

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 10:32 PM, diehardbattery said:

I'm in the same situation as OP.  So now I have to wait for support to fix it which means my NAS is useless until then.  This is not acceptable.  Why is this even a thing?  Even recommended flash drives can fail within a year's time.  My USB just failed (I can't remember if it's been less than a year). 

On 4/30/2023 at 5:30 PM, SpuddyUK said:

My USB key was failing. I replaced it (followed official guide) and got the same "SyntaxError: Unexpected number in JSON at position 1" error when trying to replace the key. 

I have logged a support case. My NAS is unusable for an indeterminate amount of time. Poor process that needs improving.

I have the same problem! Cant replace drive until 2023-08-05?! what the actual f**k Limetech!?! Who came up with this? its so f**king stupid.