Replacing all my hard drives

Long story short i'm replacing all the hard drives in my server.

Currently I have 4x 1tb 2.5" SAS drives for a pool of 3.7tb. In transit right now is 5x 6tb 3.5 SAS drives. So here is the big question. What is the best way to transfer all my data.

My first thought is that because a single dirve is bigger than the entire old pool i should mount one drive not in the pool and copy all the data over to it. Then create a new pool out of the 4 remain 6tb drives. Then transfer the data from the drive not in the pool to the new pool and then format and add the last drive to the new pool once transfer is done.

To me, this method sounds the best. Fastest, least number of IOps, and less plugging and unplugging. I wouldn't clear the old 4x 1tb 2.5" SAS drives so that if I did have a corruption when transferring all the data on to & off of the new 6tb drive I would have a backup.

Does this method sound sane? Would it be smarter to just replace one drive at a time and rebuild the array? Am I forgetting something?

One concern I can think of right away is that after moving all that data to the new pool that in the process of moving it. Some "links" are broken for my dockers/VM that make them not find their data and would require a lot of work to fix. Is this a reasonable concern?