Request for a 'Undelete' plugin

There have been several instances lately where user have experienced file deletions either through cockpit error or some other larger problem. 

I was wondering if someone with some programing knowledge might want the challenge of writing a plugin to attempt the recovery of deleted files.  It would have to be able to deal with four file systems (reiserFS, XFS, btrfs, and ZFS).  It might be restricted to working at a disk level rather than a User Share level.  

I think this utility is needed and I realize that it won't be able to recover all deleted files if new files have been written to the disk in questions but it might be able to provide substantial amount of recovery in some cases.

Anyone up to the challenge???

@BRiT and @EDACerton, the request was an attempt to see if someone might be up to the challenge of dealing with a situation after the fact.  I know that are a couple of ways to anticipate the situation.  This plugin is intended for use by mostly for those people who consider themselves so perfect that they do not need such 'crutches' and then have an 'OH S*!T' moment at 3:00AM. 

I realize it is not a simple project and will not recover all deleted files but there maybe someone who really likes programing challenges who would undertake it. 

23 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

I realize it is not a simple project and will not recover all deleted files but there maybe someone who really likes programing challenges who would undertake it. 

I think such a project would be a huge undertaking.   After all there are those who make a living out of providing utilities (such as UFS Explorer on Windows) that can do this.

• Like 1