adding a parity disk

Hello,

I have a parity disk on my server and I want to add a second one.

what is the process knowing that I can stop / restart array but it must not be offline for hours. meaning during rebuild, the array MUST be online with all VMs and dockers running.

I also will have to change the actual parity disk with a bigger one

thanks

42 minutes ago, Nexius2 said:

what is the process knowing that I can stop / restart array but it must not be offline for hours. meaning during rebuild, the array MUST be online with all VMs and dockers running.

The process is covered here in the online documentation and the array will be accessible (albeit with degraded performance) during the process.

43 minutes ago, Nexius2 said:

I also will have to change the actual parity disk with a bigger one

Not quite sure why you HAVE to do this - there is no requirement that with dual parity both parity drives are the same size - just that neither can be smaller than the largest data drive.

On a first attempt, all disk where all encrypted and unmounted (like it didn't un-encrypt at start) and nothing talks about that in the online manual.

so I prefere asking. but it seems I had the right process. I'll try again.

I'm putting 2 18To parity so I can upgrade other disks to that capacity, that's why I have to ;-)