SO i got a warning that my ZFS pool was degraded.  Luckily im running ZFSZ2 but i need to replace these drives and thats the part i need help with.

image.png.68dce5d500d0ba4824d59df0107de93a.png

I have all 8 drives on one card, and need to replace the 2 drives that are faulted. I keep searching for an answer online, but its for other things like FreeNAS or whatever. Im just trying to figure out can i just bring the drives offline , swap the new drive in its place and replace it? is there a good guide to do this? any help would be appreciated im fairly new to ZFS, and was lucky enough to get this going a few years back. 

Did u try replace command ?

Try a zpool status -xv mulgore for more details

Try to repair:

zpool scrub mulgore (can be long)

zpool clear mulgore

request after with zpool status

For replace :

zpool replace mulgore bad_device new_device

7 hours ago, coxifred said:

No, normally you add the new disk, before, Oh damn, you haven't any port left on your card ?

yeah that the problem... that's the part I'm trying to figure out. would i need to add another card to add the drive? 

8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Are you using v6.12 or v6.11 with the zfs plugin? Also please post the diagnostics

im using 6.11.5 , but im not using the Unraid ZFS yet. I had this going since 6.9 

mulgore-diagnostics-20230506-1024.zip

Edited by TransformedBG

Anyway yours disks are dead (zfs point of  view).

I'll suggest to remove one failed disk and replug a new one, normally zfs should resilver it.

I m more familiar with solaris version of zfs.

What about the scrub command?

Edited by coxifred
3 hours ago, coxifred said:

Anyway yours disks are dead (zfs point of  view).

I'll suggest to remove one failed disk and replug a new one, normally zfs should resilver it.

I m more familiar with solaris version of zfs.

What about the scrub command?

Ive already ran it.. short of trying to change my cable / hard drive. I think my array is going to die. 

SMART looks OK for both disks, but both are showing some UDMA CRC errors, so you should replace the SATA cables, then type

zpool clear mulgore

and run a scrub.

Also note that you can upgrade Unriad to 6.12, import the pool and then use the GUI to manage it.