Parity drive disabled?

Hi. Been using unRAID for little over a year now I think, really happy with it.

Tonight I wanted to access my array to retrieve a photo and Windows said I can't connect to the array. I was like "huh, prolly a power outage that knocked the array off" or something (even though I don't think power went out but anyway). I go into the unraid settings and I see that array is disabled because parity device was knocked out.

I shut off the PC and turn it back on, array will start, there's a notification saying all array disks have 0 read errors, but parity device is listed as disabled and it refuses to start back up even though the disk seems.. healthy? Like it shows temperature, it spins up, etc, just that unRAID is refusing to start it back up.

What's my next step here?

22 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Hi. Been using unRAID for little over a year now I think, really happy with it.

Tonight I wanted to access my array to retrieve a photo and Windows said I can't connect to the array. I was like "huh, prolly a power outage that knocked the array off" or something (even though I don't think power went out but anyway). I go into the unraid settings and I see that array is disabled because parity device was knocked out.

I shut off the PC and turn it back on, array will start, there's a notification saying all array disks have 0 read errors, but parity device is listed as disabled and it refuses to start back up even though the disk seems.. healthy? Like it shows temperature, it spins up, etc, just that unRAID is refusing to start it back up.

What's my next step here?

Once a drive is disabled (which means a write to it failed) then it needs to be rebuilt to get it back into normal operation.

If you are reasonably certain the drive is OK then you can use the process documented here in the online documentation.  You might want to first check the cabling to the drive as that is the commonest cause of write failures to what is otherwise a healthy drive.

11 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Once a drive is disabled (which means a write to it failed) then it needs to be rebuilt to get it back into normal operation.

If you are reasonably certain the drive is OK then you can use the process documented here in the online documentation.  You might want to first check the cabling to the drive as that is the commonest cause of write failures to what is otherwise a healthy drive.

I see, thank you for the speedy reply.

How can I absolutely make sure that the drive is healthy?