I goofed. cache pool "unmountable no pool uuid"

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Hey guys.  Relative noob here.   I'd been happily running my server for a month or so with 1 nvme cache drive formatted xfs.  I was lead to believe that I could just add a 2nd nvme for redundancy by shutting down, adding drive, assigning the new nvme to a 2nd slot in cache pool and restarting the array... things did not go as planned.  Now the cache pool seems to think it's in btfs and says "unmountable no pool uuid"  and is basically unusable.

fwiw, I do have my cache drive backed up to the array w/ ca-backup and restore.

Thank you all so much in advance for your help. One of the main reasons I built an unraid server is how much everyone raves about the community.  <3

normandy-diagnostics-20230513-0923.zip

• Solution

You can't do RAID with XFS, only btrfs, so if you add more than one slot it'll switch the pool to expecting btrfs, now since the drive is xfs it can't mount it.

You should be able to remove the 2nd drive, switch the pool back to one slot, then click on the pool name and select xfs again as filesystem. Should mount again.

Edited by Kilrah