Bluez flooding syslog

Go to solution Solved by Tydell,

Hi all,

I am using bluez to passthrough a usb dongle for use in home assistant docker container. It's working just fine except for one issue where my syslog is constantly filling with the following error.

"bluetoothd[1419]: src/adv_monitor.c:btd_adv_monitor_offload_supported() Manager is NULL, get offload support failed"

Does anyone know if there's a way to prevent this from getting logged since it doesn't seem to be negatively impacting my use case?

Thanks very much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

For what it's worth, I'm running into this as well.

I installed bluez via un-get to expose bluetooth to Home Assistant, then started bluetooth via "/etc/rc.d/rc.bluetooth start" and now my syslog is being flooded with roughly 10 entries every second  with this:

Nov  1 08:28:04 Unraid bluetoothd[21613]: src/adv_monitor.c:btd_adv_monitor_offload_supported() Manager is NULL, get offload support failed
Nov  1 08:28:04 Unraid bluetoothd[21613]: src/adv_monitor.c:btd_adv_monitor_offload_supported() Manager is NULL, get offload support failed

Edited by Tydell
  • Solution

@cambriancatalystDid you ever solve this?

I think I solved mine. The syslog errors have gone away and I think bluetooth remains functional in my home assistant instance.

Looks like the syslog flooding was a bug in bluez that they remedied with 5.64.  The repos ich777 uses for un-get don't yet have anything above 5.63, but I found a slackware repository with 5.64 (there are higher versions than that, but didn't want to push my luck) and added it to the sources.list file for un-get. I then ran 'un-get update' then 'un-get upgrade' to upgrade bluez from 5.63 to 5.64 and restarted bluez. 

In detail:

Add this line to Flash/config/plugins/un-get/sources.list: https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-15.0/patches/ patches

Terminal into Unraid & Run: 'un-get update' then 'un-get upgrade'

Force bluez/bluetoothd to stop: sudo pkill bluetoothd

Restart bluez: /etc/rc.d/rc.bluetooth start

Edited by Tydell
clarity