LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Unraid crashing daily

I'm hoping someone can help me parse out what the issue is with my system. Feels like I've been on a loop of fixing one issue, then another pops up. The system had been really unstable for a few weeks now (it is mostly used as a file server in my home so it isn't critical) and I found that the cache drive was being maxed out. I started it in safe mode, let the data be moved to the pool, and set a minimum value for the cache drive and that seemed to have resolved the problem. I've also updated to version 6.11.5 because I thought it might have been a driver issue with my 10GB NIC at one point, that doesn't seem to be the problem currently.

Now what is happening is the server boots up regularly, starts the parity-check, and based off of the estimated completion time, it appears to crash and reboot after the check completes, start parity-check again, over and over. I haven't seen an uptime over 24 hours in the last week. I'm never in front of it when the crash happens so I'm having trouble sussing out the root cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

heimdall-diagnostics-20230601-1531.zip

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 4:02 AM, JorgeB said:

Try switching to ipvlan (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)), also make sure you check this:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=819173

Thanks. Changing docker to ipvlan did not make a difference but I had a older board with a i5-6500 that I swapped in and now its been rock solid.

• Like 1