Getting "Unmountable disk present" when adding drive to the array

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

This is my first time using unraid for a server setup. I wanted to build a new server for plex and managing my media. Originally my server just had the drives thrown inside and left it but decided to setup unraid seeing alot of people like its ease of use. I currently have 1 500gb NVME drive for cache, 2 18TBs, 2 4TBs, and 1 1TB drive installed. I didnt know i had to format all the drives before adding them to the array so my plan currently is to move all the data to 1 18tb drive and add the drive to the arrary then work my way down from there. But adding one of the 18tb drives to the array gave me an error saying "Unmountable disk present:" and not sure how to fix it. The NVME was added just fine. I attached the logs below.

pdserver-diagnostics-20230611-2036.zip

If you have just added the 18TB drive to a new drive slot in the array then Unraid will require you to format it from within Unraid before you can use it to create an empty file system of the type you have selected for array drives.   Is this the current scenario or is the drive going unmountable after you have formatted it from within Unraid?

9 hours ago, itimpi said:

If you have just added the 18TB drive to a new drive slot in the array then Unraid will require you to format it from within Unraid before you can use it to create an empty file system of the type you have selected for array drives.   Is this the current scenario or is the drive going unmountable after you have formatted it from within Unraid?

Its going unmountable after i run the format process.

25 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

These are some strange possibly hardware related errors, please reboot, try again and post new diags if it still fails.

When in doubt, restart. It worked, turned it back on this morning and got working on it and the drive formatted fine with no error. Now i just have to move my data from the unassigned drives onto the prepared drive. Thank you for the help!

image.thumb.png.bfc1648c40d8a5f75b04198ed7f86750.png

• Like 1