Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

TL/DR: USB drive failed, after replacing and starting the array, Disk 1 and 2 are now 'unmountable'

Hi, Im new to home servers, so i am hoping to find some helpful souls.

My USB boot drive failed a number of months ago, and only now have i tried to replace and get the server going again. After seeting up array and starting, both the Disk 1 and 2 are now registered as 'unmountable'. 

I have seen forum post to run xfs_repair, but tbh i cant recall what format of setup i used originally and if this would solve the problem. I looked through the logs and saw this error for disk 1 and 2:

Jun 26 14:55:17 Tower root: mount: /mnt/disk1: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md1p1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
Jun 26 14:55:17 Tower root:        dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call.

Jun 26 14:55:17 Tower root: mount: /mnt/disk2: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md2p1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
Jun 26 14:55:17 Tower root:        dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call.

I spent quite a lot of time setting the server up and have some family pictures stored on there, so i would like to avoid starting from scratch if at all possible.

Thank you in advance.

DG.

syslog.txt

Edited by Darren Greenacre
added logs

Hi... as requested:

/dev/sda1: LABEL_FATBOOT="UNRAID" LABEL="UNRAID" UUID="2732-64F5" BLOCK_SIZE="512" TYPE="vfat"
/dev/loop1: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/nvme0n1p1: UUID="f9779a33-d576-4a14-a4c9-de2b2b677399" UUID_SUB="2ea12362-24fb-4fd9-bd59-cd2a4e02cea7" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="btrfs"
/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/sdd1: PARTUUID="e39f54c4-733f-4163-84df-1030f55482a5"
/dev/sdb1: PARTUUID="de53661b-234f-49bf-9759-fbdf5665b747"
/dev/loop2: UUID="58a77730-681b-4c5e-ac83-af10618939a5" UUID_SUB="92ab0b4b-1065-47e6-ac55-f5da35f036dd" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="btrfs"
/dev/sde1: PARTUUID="5fa14882-d5cc-4be3-8d64-173f18bc901e"
/dev/sdc1: PARTUUID="2df06cac-42eb-4715-a22a-b88cf0a3d790"

When running the command in mantenance this appears...

root@Tower:~# xfs_repair -vn /dev/md1p1
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
bad primary superblock - bad magic number !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

.... after leaving it running for an hour, the 'secondary block' had not been located and was still searching. 

I ran the command again, and it had the same result.

12 hours ago, Darren Greenacre said:

is there a way to find out?

Usually blkid would show the filesystem in use, but I've seen a few times where it didn't and there was still a filesystem there, to see if a btrfs fs exists you can do this in maintenance mode:

btrfs check /dev/md1p1