System crashing since 6.12.0, updated to 6.12.1 and still occurring.

My unraid box has been stable for years, however with the latest 6.12.x updates something is causing random crashes. The whole system becomes unresponsive, no output to the monitor or terminal access. It's occurred 4 times now on both 6.12.0 and 6.12.1. Attached is my most recent diagnostics generated after my last crash (sometime in the last hour or two.

Any advice would be fantastic, thanks

tobor-server-diagnostics-20230629-1742.zip

Jul 14 06:51:44 tobor-server kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Jul 14 06:51:44 tobor-server kernel: ? _raw_spin_unlock+0x14/0x29
Jul 14 06:51:44 tobor-server kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)).

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, JorgeB said:
Jul 14 06:51:44 tobor-server kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Jul 14 06:51:44 tobor-server kernel: ? _raw_spin_unlock+0x14/0x29
Jul 14 06:51:44 tobor-server kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)).

Interesting, I've never considered that. I have plenty of containers with custom IPs. I'll switch it now and report back. Thanks

Edited by enmesh-parisian-latest
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, 19dubgs3109 said:

Any updates on this?

I think I got a very similar issue. I am currently not at home and my unraid machine crashed. I will have someone reboot it and try to change the settings remotely. But any uodate if this worked for you would be much appreciated 👍

Hey, the ipvlan switch fixed the main crashes (i was getting 1 every 1-2 days). There's still some nagging problem which is causing a random crash every month or so, but I think that's related somehow to my cpu.