unRAID with XBMC - Library Issues

Still relatively new to unRAID, but have been using XBMC for a while, so the issues I am having seem related to unRAID.

When I first set it up, I copied all of my media files over to unRAID from a windows OS.  It all worked....XBMC picked up all of the user shares I had setup, and scraped them correctly.  I noticed that any files that are downloaded via SABnzbd (Couch Potato) are not showing in the XBMC library.  I tried a few things such as rebooting the client device, and still nothing. 

I then took a peak at the file browser in unMENU.  I noticed that all the files I moved over from Windows, had a mode of "rwx", whereas the files that were downloaded directly onto the unRAID server via SABnzbd were "rw".

So 2 things:

1. Could this be why these files are not being updated in the XBMC library?

2. If so, how can this be corrected?

Thanks!

I did one test so far.  If I do not use the SickBeard Post Processing Script in SABnzbd, and just move over the files manually, they retain the rwx permissions.  I am trying Couch Potato now to see if the same happens.  Will take a bit before the download completes, so will update later.

That's what I figured.

FILE THAT WAS COPIED FROM WINDOWS (INCLUDED IN XBMC LIBRARY)

root@Tower:~# ls -l "/mnt/user/TV Shows/True Blood/Season 04/True Blood - 4x02 - You Smell Like Dinner.avi"

-rwx------ 1 root root 1041733244 Jun 27 20:40 /mnt/user/TV\ Shows/True\ Blood/Season\ 04/True\ Blood\ -\ 4x02\ -\ You\ Smell\ Like\ Dinner.avi*

FILE WAS DOWNLOADED DIRECTLY ON SERVER USING SABNZBD (NOT INCLUDED XBMC LIBRARY)

root@Tower:~# ls -l "/mnt/user/TV Shows/True Blood/Season 04/True Blood - 4x08 - Spellbound.mkv"

-rw------- 1 root root 2190982146 Aug 19 13:39 /mnt/user/TV\ Shows/True\ Blood/Season\ 04/True\ Blood\ -\ 4x08\ -\ Spellbound.mkv

Only difference I see is the permissions, but like you said, x would be executable, so not sure why that would impact it.

Still relatively new to unRAID, but have been using XBMC for a while, so the issues I am having seem related to unRAID.

When I first set it up, I copied all of my media files over to unRAID from a windows OS.  It all worked....XBMC picked up all of the user shares I had setup, and scraped them correctly.  I noticed that any files that are downloaded via SABnzbd (Couch Potato) are not showing in the XBMC library.  I tried a few things such as rebooting the client device, and still nothing.  

I then took a peak at the file browser in unMENU.  I noticed that all the files I moved over from Windows, had a mode of "rwx", whereas the files that were downloaded directly onto the unRAID server via SABnzbd were "rw".

So 2 things:

1. Could this be why these files are not being updated in the XBMC library?

2. If so, how can this be corrected?

Thanks!

What happens if you do a manual "Update Library" in XBMC?  I'm assuming that you are relying on XBMC being notified of the new video by either Couch Potato or Sickbeard.  Although this is certainly how is should work, I just wanted to see if a manual "Update Library" inside XBMC works first.  Also, are you able to navigate to the shows in XBMC in the file browser?

That's what I figured.

FILE THAT WAS COPIED FROM WINDOWS (INCLUDED IN XBMC LIBRARY)

root@Tower:~# ls -l "/mnt/user/TV Shows/True Blood/Season 04/True Blood - 4x02 - You Smell Like Dinner.avi"

-rwx------ 1 root root 1041733244 Jun 27 20:40 /mnt/user/TV\ Shows/True\ Blood/Season\ 04/True\ Blood\ -\ 4x02\ -\ You\ Smell\ Like\ Dinner.avi*

FILE WAS DOWNLOADED DIRECTLY ON SERVER USING SABNZBD (NOT INCLUDED XBMC LIBRARY)

root@Tower:~# ls -l "/mnt/user/TV Shows/True Blood/Season 04/True Blood - 4x08 - Spellbound.mkv"

-rw------- 1 root root 2190982146 Aug 19 13:39 /mnt/user/TV\ Shows/True\ Blood/Season\ 04/True\ Blood\ -\ 4x08\ -\ Spellbound.mkv

Only difference I see is the permissions, but like you said, x would be executable, so not sure why that would impact it.

Have you tried running the commands in the thread that I had posted?

It should solve your problems.

chmod -R go-rwx /mnt/user/TV
chmod -R u-x /mnt/user/TV
chmod -R g+u /mnt/user/TV
chmod -R ug+X /mnt/user/TV
chgrp -R users /mnt/user/TV
chown -R nobody /mnt/user/TV

If that doesn't work, then there's a bigger issue other than permissions.

which version of unRaid are you on?.

I had exactly the same problem on 4.7 and solved it as detailed here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12494.0

The problem was the mapping of the x in rwx in CIFS (samba) to hidden and system

Tony

I am using 4.7 as well.  Tried adding what was in that post, but I still have problems.

A show downloads, and I see the notification on XBMC.  I check the library and nothing.  I then try Update Library, and still nothing.  If I go to the files view, I can see it and play the file.  When I go back to the library mode, it's there.

Have you tried running the commands in the thread that I had posted?

It should solve your problems.

chmod -R go-rwx /mnt/user/TV
chmod -R u-x /mnt/user/TV
chmod -R g+u /mnt/user/TV
chmod -R ug+X /mnt/user/TV
chgrp -R users /mnt/user/TV
chown -R nobody /mnt/user/TV

If that doesn't work, then there's a bigger issue other than permissions.

Are all lines necessary, and would they need to be done to other shares as well?  Movies, Music, etc

Ok. Finished doing a few tests and what I am finding is that if I update library in XBMC, it doesn't find the new files.  If I go to file view, I can see them, but not play from there.  If I SET CONTENT, and then choose Automatic Scan, it will scan and find the files and add them to the library.

I'd prefer to be able to update the library automatically...or at least, just be able to choose update library within XBMC without having to set content and scan again.

This happens on my PC XBMC version as well.