LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

6.11.5 Kernel Panic after Frozen Parity Check

Go to solution Solved by AngryPig,

Due to broken parity on both of my drives (hard crash during parity check) I rebuilt parity on both of my parity drives. After the rebuilds had finished I ran a non-correcting check and it was stuck at 0 errors, less than one minute remaining for 24 hours. I used the web GUI to reboot and now it rebooted with a kernel panic error. I have attached a photo of the error for those who might understand it better than me.

Is there anything I should do to fix the parity check and kernel panic ie just reboot, new flash drive etc? I have left it in this state because I did not know if I should try and get logs (if that is even possible) before rebooting.

Edit: Attached syslog in below comment now that I know it was accessible from this state

IMG20230703174333.jpg

Edited by AngryPig
On 7/5/2023 at 12:59 AM, JorgeB said:

Not really, but they look more hardware related.

New update, it keeps having 'kernel panic' on startup now and if I try go to safe mode it gives me a kernel null pointer dereference error. I built a new USB with a trial license and tried booting to it and I also got 'kernel panic' so that pretty much confirms hardware I guess?

Would it be worth booting into Ubuntu or Windows on a spare HDD or bootable USB to test the machine to try identify issues? I want to run all my options before going out and buying new hardware to start swapping parts

IMG20230712005207.jpg

IMG20230712012913.jpg

IMG20230712013406.jpg

Edited by AngryPig
Added pictures
1 hour ago, AngryPig said:

I built a new USB with a trial license and tried booting to it and I also got 'kernel panic' so that pretty much confirms hardware I guess?

It's my suspicion.

1 hour ago, AngryPig said:

Would it be worth booting into Ubuntu or Windows on a spare HDD or bootable USB to test the machine to try identify issues?

It's worth a try, same for running memtest.

• 1 month later...