Kernel Panics Every 3 Days Or So Since 6.12.1

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I've had my Unraid server for at least a couple years now (can't remember) and I've never had any kernel panics. I updated to 6.12.1  shortly after it was released and then I started have kernel panics every few days. I updated to 6.12.2 with the same issue happening. Here is the screen it should after one of the crashes. Also, here is the diagnostics file from today.

I'm looking for any help I can get on finding the cause.

Thank you.

screen.jpg

cakebox-diagnostics-20230706-1339.zip

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Try switching to ipvlan (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)).

I tried to do this but docker won't start afterwards. The following error was in the system log - "CakeBox root: '/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img' is in-use, cannot mount"

• 3 weeks later...

I might have the same thing! I came to realize the server started crashing after I updated the BIOS, so I rolled back and it was fine for two whole weeks. Then I had to reboot for 6.12.3 update and a two days passed and the server crashed with nothing suspicious in syslog. I switched to ipvlan today and i'm holding my breath now.

I'm already glad I found this topic before I started switching (and buying) components.