RandomNinjaAtk *arr-extended docker containers

Hi,

I couldn't find any support threads for randomninjaatk's docker containers (lidarr-extended, radarr-extended, sonarr-extended), so I'll try here.

I'm running lidarr-extended and sonarr-extended and they now appear as "Not available" in my docker list. They are also removed from Community Apps and I can't find them on Docker Hub anymore either.

The GitHub page at https://github.com/RandomNinjaAtk/docker-sonarr-extended states that the repo is deprecated and will be archived. I guess that goes for lidarr-extended and radarr-extended as well.

Does anyone know the reason for this? Is there a replacement for these docker containers?

The extended features of these containers were really useful in grabbing Youtube series and things like that, and it's too bad randomninjaatk decided to deprecate the containers.

• 6 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 7:42 AM, Jaycedk said:

Ok is looks like he's back 😀

Welcome to arr-scripts Discussions! · RandomNinjaAtk/arr-scripts · Discussion #5 (github.com)

Its just in script format, interacting with Arrs.

I've tried reading the documentation on how to use the scripts with the different Arrs but I'm unsure how to install the scripts. Would anyone be willing to give a helping hand to a complete noob and explain step by step on how to do it? Feel completely lost when trying to figure this out and I'm sure its easy but I'm not seeing it.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Mr_Jay84 said:

I'm also struggling with this. Any ideas on how to inject the scripts into the container?

I got it working. I followed the steps, made sure my folders where mapped correctly, and edited the extended.conf file.
https://github.com/RandomNinjaAtk/arr-scripts/tree/main/lidarr

For Lidarr

1. Create two separate folders in the appdata/lidarr folder.

• custom-services.d
  • custom-cont-init.d

2. Download the script_init.bash and place it in the /custom-cont-init.d folder

3. Edit the extended.conf file with your Deezer Token, line 40. You may want to turn off the video script, line 10... I did not and it downloaded a lot of videos.

Edited by djsnafu

No just start the container. Open the Logs window and watch the status of everything happening. After its done downloading everything within the folder you'll restart the container.. it should then start working and grabbing things from Deezer.

It really was pretty easy once I understood the only thing I need to do was to edit the extended.conf file

Edited by djsnafu
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 3/25/2024 at 11:31 AM, djsnafu said:

I got it working. I followed the steps, made sure my folders where mapped correctly, and edited the extended.conf file.
https://github.com/RandomNinjaAtk/arr-scripts/tree/main/lidarr

For Lidarr

1. Create two separate folders in the appdata/lidarr folder.

• custom-services.d
  • custom-cont-init.d

2. Download the script_init.bash and place it in the /custom-cont-init.d folder

3. Edit the extended.conf file with your Deezer Token, line 40. You may want to turn off the video script, line 10... I did not and it downloaded a lot of videos.

Trying to get this to work myself, did you just add folders?

• custom-services.d
  • custom-cont-init.d

Tried that as well as adding the paths by editing the docker. No luck as of yet.

Thanks