We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

New Disk Not Showing Up in Array

Go to solution Solved by perfect,

• Solution

###SOLVED###

The renewed hard drives that I bought have a "power save" feature and required me to use a special SATA power cable that I guess bypasses this feature.  This was included with the HDD, but I didn't consider that it was needed until I read reviews on Amazon.  I was able to find the disk and am re-building my parity with the upgraded 10TB HDD!

I am replacing a 3TB WD HDD with a 10TB HGST HDD (renewed from a data center pull, mostly likely).  I stopped the array, removed the original parity drive and replaced with the larger 10TB drive.  When I restarted the system, the new 10TB is not showing up as assignable and my system doesn't seem to recognize it.  I tried a 2nd 10TB HGST HDD (bought from the same source) and that doesn't show up either.

Here are the drives that I bought in case that matters:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DPKWLJR

I bought 5 of these HGST 10TB drives to upgrade my system - not off to a great start!

Edited by perfect