6.12.3 - Automatic boot keeps looping

I am trying to install Unraid for the first time so I downloaded the USB Creator software and created the bootable USB flash drive. However, when I insert the drive in the target PC and attempt to boot, the blue Lime Technology, Inc. screen appears with an automatic boot timer that counts down from 5 to 1 then starts at 5 again in a continuous loop. If I hit enter on any menu option nothing happens. When I hit tab the /bizimage initrd=/bzroot prompt appears.

I created a second bootable USB drive (same drive) but the same problem exists.

I created a third bootable USB drive (different brand) and unselected the UEFI option but the same problem exists.

I also attempted to create an Unraid VM in Proxmox and yet again experienced the same problem.

I cannot believe that I spent an entire day trying to troubleshoot this issue. I am frustrated to say the least so I decided to join this forum. Can someone please suggest to me what I might be doing wrong.

Supermicro X10SL7-F motherboard

Intel Xeon E3-1245 v3 CPU

32 GB Crucial ECC memory

8x2TB HDD's

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 07-00-41 proxmox - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 07-05-25 proxmox - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png

Edited by nemo868

No one has any suggestions? It's been 3 days so far and I can't figure out how to get a USB drive to boot this thing correctly on my PC.

This is incredible. I'm all out of ideas. Looks like I have to grudgingly go back to TrueNAS until I get another machine in the future.

Edited by nemo868
On 7/20/2023 at 6:13 PM, nemo868 said:

Thanks for your response. I will try your suggestions.

Same here. And there are some others having the same issue since 6.12. obviously. I have a spare server with a Supermicro board / Intel Xeon/ 32GB Ram as well, that one runs flawless on 6.12.3. Not so my Dell (productive) server.
Did you try the suggestions? There is no newer BIOS for my Dell so this is no option for me. Maybe removing my graphics cards may help but I did not try this yet. UEFI Boot is is deactivated as this did led to a similar failure for me.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I had the same issue you were having with it looping on the boot screen. The automatic USB creator didn't add all of the necessary files needed. I was finally able to boot the server and run unRAID after fallowing the manual USB creation steps. I hope this helps. I accidentally stumbled onto this fix. fingers crossed it works for you too.