Not sure if this is an OS issue or an Unassigned Devices plugins issue....

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I had some issues with drives and upgraded all my spinning disks.... Changed from 2 very low hour 12tb parity drives and 6 8tb used data drives to new 14tb parity drives, 2 new 14tb data drives and the 2 12tb parity drives becoming data drives. 

I swapped a new 14tb drive in place of both 12tb parity drives (one at a time and let each rebuild before replacing the next) 

I the swapped a new 14tb (or the 2 12tb parity) in one at a time and let it rebuild for 4 of the 6 current data drives. 

I pulled the 2 remaining 8tb data drives and did a new config to remove the 2 8tb drives from the array. 

Using the unassigned devislces plugin I was able to mount one of the 2 8tb drives and copy data to the array. I have attempted to mountvtge other 8tb drive and each Time it attempts to mount and fails.... Hitting the log button in the GUI it says "mount of sdl1 failed. Mount /mnt/disks/8tb (mount 2) system call failed: function not implemented. 

If I look in krusader the mount doesn't show... 

I have rebooted the server today to ensure it wasn't a pending reboot etc

I have attached logs so hopefully someone can point me to if this is a OS issue and beings here or if it is a plugin issue and shojkd be posted on their forum 

bob-diagnostics-20230719-2217.zip

• Solution
Jul 19 22:17:10 bob kernel: XFS (sdl1): device supports 4096 byte sectors (not 512)

This disk it 4K native, due to that, and the array formatting the disk with 512e I believe the only option is to mount it in the array again, you can use a different PC with a trial key if more practical, then transfer the data over LAN.

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:
Jul 19 22:17:10 bob kernel: XFS (sdl1): device supports 4096 byte sectors (not 512)

This disk it 4K native, due to that, and the array formatting the disk with 512e I believe the only option is to mount it in the array again, you can use a different PC with a trial key if more practical, then transfer the data over LAN.

Of course this is the one disk I forced a reformat on to get the full 8tb vs the 7.8tb available due to the 4k formatting 🙄

OK ill drop it in a different system with a trial key, what a pain 😞

Thank you JorgeB! 

• Like 1