Docker application config changes

Go to solution Solved by Slothy2406,

HI all,

I am a bit new to Unraid and need a little help. I have done some forum searching and my google-fu has also let me down, so please be gentle.

I have setup lancache (with DNS) and I need to update the upstream IP address for the lancache.dns application. I have tried updating the config.v2.json file in the relevant containers file, but this obviously doesnt work. Is there an easy way to update the settings and make them live?

I also noticed that the json file has the incorrect timezone in it, is this something that can also be changed by changing the unraid main config to the correct timezone.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for this. If one does become available I am happy for this to be moved.

I had setup docker on a rocky linux box before and was able to change the config file and then run the docker-compose, so I am aware of how to change the config. But I just dont know how to change this within unraid. I had change the json file in the /var/lib/docker/containers/{id} directory and then tried to restart the docker container thinking it would pull in the changes, but this didnt seem to work.

I am guessing there is something a bit easy but I am not seeing it at the moment, is it just add a variable within the edit container settings and then restart it?

• Solution

OK, 

Found my own solution :D

Adding a extra variable to the config of the docker application overrides any default settings, so I added the UPSTREAM_DNS setting and set the value to my PiHole. Docker restarted the application and hey presto! the dns is forwarding to the pihole.

image.png.ddcd73ba750016e175e9026e765bf0e8.png

I am not too sure if I can mark my own post as a solution or not.

Andy