Nextcloud WebUI not opening

Good morning.

I had to reinstall Nextcloud.  I'm trying to access via the local web interface.  I've changed the port to 444.  When I try to go that the WebUI from within docker it has my server ip followed by 444 (xxx.xxx.x.xx:444).  But I then get a message that the site can't be reached and ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Any thought or suggestions on how to get around this or what's causing the issue?

Thank you.

Here's what's in the log:

Can't start Nextcloud because the version of the data (24.0.12.1) is more than one major version behind the docker image version (27.0.1.2) and upgrading more than one major version is not supported. Please run an image tagged for the major version 25 first.

I'm pretty new to all this so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I just installed the nextcloud image with the image tag ":25.0.0". But now I can't access my nextcloud GUI because of a "404 not found nginx" error. Here are my docker container logs.

using keys found in /config/keys
**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
/config/nginx/nginx.conf
/config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf

**** The following site-confs have extensions other than .conf ****
**** This may be due to user customization. ****
**** You should review the files and rename them to use the .conf extension or remove them. ****
**** nginx.conf will only include site-confs with the .conf extension. ****
/config/nginx/site-confs/default
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Could not open input file: /app/www/public/cron.php
Could not open input file: /app/www/public/cron.php

I don't really understand what my logs mean? Could someone please provide me some guidance.

Thanks

Edited by dswede43
Found solution

Nevermind I fixed the issue. I updated by nextcloud instance from version 24 to 27 by following these steps:

1. In Unraid Docker, click the nextcloud icon -> click edit -> update the nextcloud docker image tag to version 25 (nextcloud:25.0.0) -> click apply

2. In Unraid Docker, click the nextcloud icon then Console (this opens a terminal window within the Docker nextcloud instance)

3. Run the command "sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar" (this starts the nextcloud update to version 25)

4. Wait for the update to complete

5. Type "Y" for the "occ upgrade" command

6. Type "N" for maintenance mode -> then its done

7. Repeat steps 1-6 to update nextcloud from version 25 to 26 -> and again for version 26 to 27 (use "nextcloud:latest" for docker image tag here)

This fixed my issue. My nextcloud instance runs fine now and is up to date

• 4 months later...

i have the same problem, I tried to follow @dswede43 guide but I either got an error saying I run a newer version then I am upgrading to or I got a php warning.

at one point trying to go back to the start and installing version 24.0.0 the docker container disappeared from unraid. I reinstalled it from the previous apps and now when I try to run the updater command I get the error

"could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar"

I am really not sure what I am doing wrong. What can I do to fix this?