Eth0 Does Not Exist on upgrade.

Hello hive mind. 

I have recently changed some hardware in a server which was all fine until i tried to update the OS. 

Unfortunately this server has been a little neglected and is running 6.9.2. I tried to update via the GUI which upgraded to 6.12.3. Following this at reboot i got the eth0 does not exist issue. 

Looking through the forums i tried a couple of suggested fixes disabling VT-D and a command line mod but neither worked. So i have rolled back to 6.9.2, looking for advice as i cant find anything recent in the forums that seems to be relevant. 

Thanks

Unfortunately I didn't think to get the diagnostics at the time as per usual was to busy focusing on fixing things. 

I have done a bit of digging and found that my onboard graphics is intel i219-v, which having a look around the forums seems to have has past issues with drivers not being installed for it but, all those posts are over a year old, so would hope that issue has been fixed by now.