Web UI constantly unresponsive

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

2 months ago I upgraded to 6.12.1 from whatever the 6.11 last stable version was (I never installed any of the 6.12 betas). Ever since then the unRAID web admin UI is constantly offline. I don't use the UI daily, so I can't exactly say how long it takes, but the symptom is that the port opens, but does not respond to GET requests.

In the unresponsive state, all services, dockers and VMs work fine and SSH access still works, UI seems to be the only thing effected. My solution so far has been to reboot the server via SSH. The web UI then works for a while, but if I come back a few days later it will be unresponsive again and requires another reboot.

The server has 32 GB of RAM and all volumes have tons of available space. I only run 2 small VMs and a few small dockers, the server typically uses only about 1/3 of its RAM. Nothing about my configuration has changed in about a year, other than regularly installing updates.

Primary question: how should I attempt to troubleshoot and solve this issue?

Secondary question: is there an SSH command to restart the web UI service without a full reboot? (I have searched for this and surprisingly have not found an answer)

• Solution
6 hours ago, sphbecker said:

I upgraded to 6.12.1

If you are still on 6.12.1, please upgrade to 6.12.3 and provide diagnostics ( << click the link ), preferably after the problem happens

6 hours ago, sphbecker said:

is there an SSH command to restart the web UI service without a full reboot?

Depending on the problem, these may help:

/etc/rc.d/rc.php-fpm restart
/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx reload

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 4:39 PM, ljm42 said:

If you are still on 6.12.1, please upgrade to 6.12.3 and provide diagnostics ( << click the link ), preferably after the problem happens

Depending on the problem, these may help:

/etc/rc.d/rc.php-fpm restart
/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx reload

I upgraded to 6.12.3 as recommended and haven't had the issue again. Thank you for the suggestion, I should have thought to try that first.