(Solved) Parity and drive errors, how to proceed

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello, looking for some advice.  I’m currently away on holiday and have receive notification of some issues with my parity drive and disk 2. I only have access via an iPad until I get home.  My array currently looks like this, image 1 attached. And “fix common problems shows this, image 2.

smart data is currently unavailable for both the drives with issues.  What is my best course of action please.

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Keith Ellis said:

How do I get the Parity back online? Do I need to do a hard power reset?

I would think so, but you are welcome to try a soft reboot to see if they come back online but do not be surprised if they do not..   After doing that then the diagnostics might give a clue as to the drive state as they may then have SATA information for the problem drives.    You could also try doing an extended SMART test on the 2 drives, if they passes without error I would be looking into the power/sata cabling as possible culprits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
2 minutes ago, Keith Ellis said:

Hi,

I'm back from holiday now, I have power cycled the machine and I am still getting my parity drive as "disabled". I have moved the drives about in the slots and the parity drive is still disabled.  The SMART check does not show any errors.  I am on Unraid 6.12.2. How do I enable my parity drive again.

diagnostics attached:

tower-diagnostics-20230805-2034.zip 136.91 kB · 0 downloads

You probably want to use the process documented here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

• Keith Ellis changed the title to (Solved) Parity and drive errors, how to proceed