Unraid boot locks up at loading /bzroot...ok

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I have done some searching and not finding anything as to what I am experiencing. 

I re-booted my system because windows file explorer was lagging badly, after about 10 minutes, I was still not able to get into unRaid, so I connected my monitor /keyboard and power cycled. It now locks up on loading /bzroot...ok. Booting into safe mode does nothing more. 

I have been running this server for a few years now, and have been on a most recent update for a few months with no problems. There was nothing that seemed out of the ordinary, and I haven't been messing with the box at all. 

I would like to try booting the USB to my PC, but not sure if I will mess anything up with my current system doing that. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Losing this system would be quite devastating. 

• Solution

Booting up on another PC will not do any damage on that machine as you do not try to configure anything.

it might be worth downloading the zip file for the Unraid release you are using and extract all the bs* type files overwriting the ones in the root of the flash drive just in case there is a problem reading one of them.

18 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Booting up on another PC will not do any damage on that machine as you do not try to configure anything.

it might be worth downloading the zip file for the Unraid release you are using and extract all the bs* type files overwriting the ones in the root of the flash drive just in case there is a problem reading one of them.

Thank you @itimpi. I will give that a try, is there anything special I have to do to preserve the "plus" account I paid for?

56 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Bingo @itimpi, I thank you for that advice, booted up perfectly. Greatly appreciated!

8 hours ago, ChipBuffalo said:

is there anything special I have to do to preserve the "plus" account I paid for?

For future reference it is worth mentioning that all you need to keep intact for your licence is the .key licence file from the 'config' folder on the flash drive.  Having said that even if you lose that then contacting Unraid support will allow them to reissue it although that can take a day or so.