Server keeps crashing within minutes.

Good evening fellow unRAIDers, 

I am about 2 weeks into my unRAID server build and despite a few hiccups along the way, it has been running relatively smoothly. 

Up until about 2 hours ago. Noticed Plex wasnt responding, so tried accessing my server via a local computer. It was unresponsive with the usual 'This site can't be reached'. Had to do a hard reboot and upon the restart I enabled syslog but stupidly put the logs on my shares (DUH - rookie mistake I know). Server crashed again (tried to access logs on the flash drive but obviously chose the wrong place). Did another hard reboot and was planning on putting the logs in the right place this time - but it pretty much went unresponsive straight away and couldn't change them. 

Nothing has changed with my hardware in the past day - all my drives were healthy. Could it be a flash drive issue? Has me very concerned as I have spent a long time trying to get my server running like a well oiled machine and now it is not. 

You are using the Syslog Server-- right?  In this situation, set it up to put the syslog on the flash drive.  It will be in the   /logs    folder/directory.  When the server crashes, pull the flash drive  and plug it in your PC.  Copy the file from the flash drive and upload it in a new post in this thread.  Here is another set of instruction on the process:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-781601

• 1 month later...