UNRAID reboot after disk failed (disabled) deleted all docker containers and uninstalled them

One of my disks failed and has been disabled by UNRAID and is now emulated as I have a parity disk, so I rebooted my unraid and currently doing a "Rebuilding a drive onto itself" for the disabled disk that failed. I looked at my docker containers and see it empty all gone. And the dockers are in my previous apps in the apps tab.

Any idea how this has happened?

image.thumb.png.bb06bd7486fad1638aea2809c2518d78.png

According to the diagnostics you formatted disk1 which is NOT part of the rebuild process.    You would have got a dialog warning you that doing so would create an empty file system on the drive and update parity to reflect this.    You are therefore rebuilding an empty file system on disk1.

I suspect that docker.img file was on disk1 and your format lost it and thus a new empty one has been created which explains why your docker containers are gone.

36 minutes ago, itimpi said:

According to the diagnostics you formatted disk1 which is NOT part of the rebuild process.    You would have got a dialog warning you that doing so would create an empty file system on the drive and update parity to reflect this.    You are therefore rebuilding an empty file system on disk1.

I suspect that docker.img file was on disk1 and your format lost it and thus a new empty one has been created which explains why your docker containers are gone.

wait does this mean everything including my files on disk1 is now gone?? what about my parity?

9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

The warning has been changed multiple times to try to make it as clear as possible, do you suggest any changes that would have stopped you from doing it?

Format warning new v6.8.png

even though it says update parity to reflect this its still not really clear that it wouldn't allow pairty to rebuild missing data to the new drive.

something like in bold red that says formatting the drive would delete all data on disk and won't be able to rebuild regardless if you have parity, read guide <insert link> to rebuild properly. also like an additional seperate setting that you must enabled specially for cases when the drive has been disabled one from current array

this would of stopped me.

there should be a link in red somewhere in the array screen whenever a drive has failed and emulated to guide you that you can easily click and read the steps, I had to look it up after I tried to attempt to try rebuild but failed by formatting the drive first.

also its weird how unraid doesnt have a automated process button to Rebuild a drive onto itself so you won't have to do it manually and thus stop cases like this from happening, its just too easy to happen

Edited by Hellomynameisleo
18 minutes ago, Hellomynameisleo said:

even though it says update parity to reflect this its still not really clear that it wouldn't allow pairty to rebuild missing data to the new drive.

It's also says "Format is NEVER part of a data recovery or disk rebuild", if that doesn't stop you not sure wording differently would.

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

It's also says "Format is NEVER part of a data recovery or disk rebuild", if that doesn't stop you not sure wording differently would.

should of had a tickbox on the bottom that said "format drive 1 and write changes to parity (All files/data on drive 1 will no longer be in parity)" something like that could be more clearer.