NFS mount presented to ESXi Keeps dropping

It's difficult for us to help you since LT does not support anything associated with ESXI and we don't know much about it.  Since ESXI is mounting Unraid shares with NFS, it would be best to loook at the ESXI for answers.  One thing to confirm is that ESXI is mounting the shares with NFSv4.  I saw in your log where NFSv4 was being used on a share, so maybe that's not a problem.

In general the reliability of NFS connections are affected by the followng:

• Version of NFS being used.
  • Networking issues.  Robust NFS requires a solid network.
  • Options used when mounting NFS clients can affect the reliability of the connection and error recovery.
3 hours ago, dlandon said:

It's difficult for us to help you since LT does not support anything associated with ESXI and we don't know much about it.  Since ESXI is mounting Unraid shares with NFS, it would be best to loook at the ESXI for answers.  One thing to confirm is that ESXI is mounting the shares with NFSv4.  I saw in your log where NFSv4 was being used on a share, so maybe that's not a problem.

In general the reliability of NFS connections are affected by the followng:

• Version of NFS being used.
  • Networking issues.  Robust NFS requires a solid network.
  • Options used when mounting NFS clients can affect the reliability of the connection and error recovery.

ESXi is mounting the share with nfs 4.1, that much I know for sure, it works for a while, as long as I'm actively doing stuff it seems to stay connected, but once I walk away for the night and it's just running, even with a vm on it, it seems to time out.